Thiruvananthapuram branch of Southern India Regional Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in Kerala was set up on April 30, 1972. The branch has more than 700 members and 5000 students. Former president of the institute Mr P A Nair was an instrumental for constructing own buildings for branches in Kerala. Trivandrum also benefitted from his patronage. Mr P A Nair laid the foundation for a branch building on 22nd August 1986. And this building was inaugurated by Shri K M Agarwal President of Institute on 22nd June 1991. Later on new building was constructed which is named as Silver Jubilee Building. Its foundation stone was laid by Sree Padmanabhadasa Sree Uthradom Thirunal Marthanda Varma Maharaja of Travancore on 17th August 1996. The building was inaugurated by Shri R Bupathy President of ICAI on 10th February 2003.
The branch building has 3 floors a “red coloured- brick finished- beauty”. The ground floor consisted of office rooms, Chairman’s room, Library, two large class rooms and wash rooms. The first floor we have a large conference hall (Suri centenary hall) to seat 300 and 2 guest suites and rest rooms. The second floor has a mini conference hall to seat 150, a computer lab, two study rooms.
The branch is providing various facilities
- Regular Coaching Classes and revision classes for Foundation, Intermediate and final course.
- Fully furnished class rooms with audio-visual study utilities
- Air conditioned Conference hall and mini conference hall.
- Fully furnished Library and Reading room
- Modernized computer lab with full time faculty to run the Information Technology Training (ITT) Course.